Student Health Services

NOTE: For information on personal counseling, visit the counseling page. 


Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Every other Friday: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. 

The Health Center is located in the Student Union, in the southeast hall by the multi-purpose room. Students are seen on a drop-in basis, or by making arrangements with the nurse. 

Contact the Student Health Nurse: 785.460.5502

When Student Health Services is closed and you need assistance, you can call the Family Center for Health Care, 785.460.6184. The Family Center also has a walk-in clinic Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and most Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to noon.

The Student Health Center provides services under the direction of a registered nurse and the campus physician. Available services in the Student Health Service Center include, but are not limited to:

  • Basic first-aid
  • Health counseling
  • Student health insurance information
  • Athletic injuries and athletic insurance claim reports
  • Community agency referrals
  • Health records
  • Health education
  • Ability to screen and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
  • Family planning
  • Limited immunizations, allergy shots, flu vaccinations, laboratory testing
  • Blood pressure monitoring

Appointments are required for consultation with the physician or mid-level provider.  The physician or health provider will be in the office from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday mornings.

  • Please make appointments by Monday at 2:00 p.m. with the nurse for Tuesday appointments with the provider. 
  • Physician or mid-level provider visits off-campus can also be scheduled through the Student Health Center.   

All health records are maintained in the Student Health Service Center and follow FERPA guidelines. If records are requested to be sent to another facility, a medical release must be signed prior to the records being released. If a situation occurs that is mandated to be reported to law enforcement, Kansas Health Department, or other institutions/persons, the laws for the mandated reports will be followed. Any fees for services are to be paid at the time of service.  Fees students are unable to to pay at the time of service will be charged to the student's account.


All CCC students living in the residence halls must have these required immunizations:

Tuberculosis Screening

CCC requires TB screening (PPD skin testing and/or chest x-ray) within 6 months of matriculation.

Meningococcal (Meningitis)

Students must provide proof of the vaccination or sign a waiver declining vaccination. It is recommended that CCC students meet the following American College Health Association immunization guidelines prior to registration for classes:
  • Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
  • Tetanus-Diphtheria
  • Hepatitis B
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox) 

The Student Health Office requires copies of immunizations, the medical history form and TB questionnaire on all students enrolled in classes.

Required Documents (all domestic and international students)

Medical History Form
TB Screening Questionnaire
Meningococcal Vaccination Form


When uninsured students become seriously ill or injured, their academic careers can be significantly threatened by substantial healthcare debt or disability. Therefore, Colby Community College strongly encourages students to obtain health insurance coverage. CCC does not offer or sponsor any individual health insurance plans; however, more information on health insurance policies can be found by contacting the Student Health Nurse or by visiting the websites listed below.  

U.S. Residents
E.J. Smith & Associates

International Students

International Student Insurance


How to Enroll