NOTE: If you want to enroll in the Late Fall Session, please visit the Late Fall page.
Getting Started with ColbyConnect
Thank you for your interest in ColbyConnect, the online platform of Colby Community College. Please follow the steps below to complete the enrollment process.
Submit all official high school (or GED) and college transcripts, ACT and/or SAT scores, and placement test scores (e.g., ACCUPLACER test), if applicable, to the Colby Community College Registrar’s Office. An official electronic copy of high school and/or college transcripts may be sent to Colby Community College through Parchment Digital Credential Service. Please note that a valid email address is required to create the account. Parchment will accept payment online and your transcript will be electronically submitted to the registrar.
Official copies of these documents may be sent to:
Colby Community College
1255 S. Range Ave.
Colby, KS 67701
Demonstrate readiness for math and English courses through your ACT/SAT scores and/or the ACCUPLACER placement test scores.
Students who are exempt from placement testing include:
- Students who have earned a bachelor's or associate degree
- Students who successfully completed ("C" or higher) at another institution a course deemed equivalent through registrar review, or students who have followed the development sequence in math, writing, or reading are exempt from their requirement in that subject only.
- Students who have successfully completed ("C" or higher) English Composition I or its equivalent are exempt from the requirement for assessment in English and reading.
- Students who have successfully completed ("C" or higher) a 100-level or above algebra courses are exempt from the requirement for assessment in mathematics.
- Students who have taken the ACT/SAT test within two years prior to enrollment and have scores within the acceptable range are exempt from placement testing in that subject area only.
Students must follow the sequence of developmental courses and pass with at least a "C" to move to the next level unless retesting results indicate a higher placement.
Please note that online students must be able to work independently and take initiative.Students must be computer literate and have a computer with reliable high-speed Internet access.
Prior to the beginning of the course, students are required to have all necessary software and have all equipment operational. Students assume responsibility for their own software and/or hardware issues.
Use of antivirus software is strongly recommended.
Students are required to have a recent version of Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint to access course material. Assignments must be submitted in .docx or .rtf formats. Videos must be submitted in .mp4 or .mov files. CCC students are eligible to get Office 365 for free. Technical support is available by contacting the CCC IT Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canvas LMS and Browsers
CCC uses the Canvas learning management system. We recommend avoiding mobile devices and instead use a desktop computer or laptop. Canvas is most compatible with Google Chrome or Firefox. Please review other supported browsers and computer requirements.
If a mobile device must be used, CCC cannot guarantee the student will see courses as the instructor intends, or all services will work as expected. Please download Google Chrome or Firefox on your mobile device to make your course engagement the most efficient.
CCC does not recommend using Safari or Internet Explorer. Using Safari or Internet Explorer can limit communication or services offered by your instructor and the institution.
Canvas compatibility can vary based on the mobile device, but Canvas support is available by calling 855-691-502 or through a chat session.
|Associate Degrees||Technical Certificates||Certificates of Completion|
|Associate of Arts||Solar Photovoltaic||Solar Photovoltaic|
|Associate of Science||Vet Nurse Office Assistant||Telecommunications Network Technician|
|Equine Science||Virtual Office Assistant||Veterinary Office Assistant|
|Sustainable/Renewable Energy||Wind Technology||Wind Technology|