According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of dental hygienists is projected to grow 9 percent before 2031, much faster than the average for many occupations. Ongoing research linking oral health to general health will continue to spur demand for preventive dental services. The median annual wage for dental hygienists was $77,810 in May 2021.
Setting the Standard and Improving Dental Care
The CCC dental hygiene program sets the standard for dental hygiene in Kansas. Our
graduates are dedicated to lifelong learning and improving the health of the communities
Why choose the CCC program?
- Above average national certification exam pass rate
- Above average regional clinical exam pass rate
- Low faculty-to-student ratio
- Governed by the Board of Regents of Kansas
- Accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
CCC and Northcentral Technical College
The Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene is awarded by Northcentral Technical College, located in Wausau, Wisconsin. NTC is accredited by the American Dental Association
Commission on Dental Accreditation and authorized by the Kansas Board of Regents.
Overview of CCC
- 12 students each year are admitted.
- We interview students who submit a complete portfolio annually.
- We utilize the latest teaching techniques.
- We incorporate the latest clinical practices.
Clinical Setting and Beyond the Classroom
The main clinical site is located on the Colby Community College campus where students learn under the close supervision of a licensed dentist and licensed hygienists. The clinic is open to the public and provides services at reduced rates. Appointments can be made by calling 785.460.5438 to receive one of the following services:
- Preventative care
- Public dental health services
- Oral cancer screenings
- Oral health presentations
Traits of Dental Hygienists
- A self-starter
- Good manual dexterity
- Good vision
- The ability to achieve in a science based curriculum and proficiency in oral and written communications
- The ability to work in close proximity with people of all ages
- Be a team player
Colby Community College
Bobette Maier, RDH, BS