What is Outreach Education?
Colby Community College is one of 19 publicly supported two-year colleges in Kansas. Colby Community College provides post-secondary educational opportunities to a 14-county service area.
It is the policy of the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) and Colby Community College to encourage high school students to take advantage of post-secondary education opportunities by enrolling while still in high school or participating in home schooling. K.S.A. 2000 Supp. 72-11a01 through 72-11a05 provide for these opportunities through the Kansas Challenge to Secondary School Pupils Act. High school students in 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades are eligible to take concurrent enrollment classes if specific course prerequisites and placement testing requirements are met
For questions about outreach classes or for more information about concurrent enrollment classes, email the outreach director.
Communities We Serve
|Almena||Hill City||Palco||Sharon Springs|
- Student Handbook (coming soon)
- Fall 2015 Course Schedule
- Online Course Schedule for HS Students (SB155 courses are highlighted in yellow)
- August 17 - Classes begin
- Enroll online by August 19
- August 24 - Last date to drop with full refund or add classes
- October 2 - Last day to withdraw from first 8-week classes
- October 8 - End of first 8-week classes
- October 12 - Begin second 8-week classes
- October 19 - Last day to drop with full refund or add second 8-week classes
- October 26 - Last day to withdraw from full-semester and second 8-week classes
The cost per credit hour is $105 for Thomas County residents and $110 per credit hour for all other counties.
How to Enroll
If you are a new student, please apply to the college and then contact the outreach department. If you are an existing student please contact the outreach department.