Financial Aid Refund Policy
|Contact Financial Aid||Useful Financial Aid Links|
|Toll-Free: 888.634.9350 ext. 4695||Academic Progress Policy||Current Tuition||e-Cashier Payments|
|Fax: 785.460.4691||FAQs||Federal Work-Study||Net Price Calculator|
|Email: email@example.com||Refund Policy||Scholarships||Veterans|
|Veterans: 785.460.4677||Federal Return of Title IV Funds Policy|
The college may refund a portion of Tuition, Fees and Institutional Room and Board to students who withdraw from school during the term in which they are enrolled. Students must complete the Official Withdrawal Form within the designated refund period in order to receive a refund of money paid to the college from personal sources. If all or parts of educational costs are paid by Federal Title IV Student Aid funds, a return of funds will be made to the federal sources according to the Return of Title IV Funds Policy, whether the withdrawal is official or not. The Official Withdrawal form must be returned to the Registrar within two weeks of the date the form is initiated.
Regular Enrollment: Official Withdrawal
- 100% of Tuition and Fees will be refunded for withdrawal prior to the end of the 10th day of a regular semester, or approximately 10% of summer terms. Dates are published by the Registrar each term.
- 0% of Tuition and Fees will be refunded for withdrawal after the end of the 10th day of a regular semester or the 10% point of summer terms as published by the Registrar.
- Students are given a 10-day period to adjust schedules without a penalty. There is no refund for any class dropped after the 10th instructional day of the semester, including weekend and 8-week classes.
Outreach Enrollment: Official Withdrawal
- 100% of Tuition and Fees will be refunded by the college for withdrawal before the day of session three for a full semester class.
- No Refund is available for withdrawal from classes which have duration of from one to six days after the class begins.
- Institutional room and board charges will be calculated according to the terms of the dorm contract.
- This policy does not apply to Edukan online courses. See the Edukan home page for Edukan policies.
- Official Withdrawal: A written notification to the Registrar of total and complete withdrawal from all classes. The Official Withdrawal form must be complete with signatures from each person involved and presented to the Registrar's Office.
- Change of Schedule: A written notification to the Registrar of an addition (ADD) or withdrawal (DROP) from a class or classes. The Change of Schedule form must be completed with signatures of instructors and advisor and presented to the Registrar's Office.
- Unofficial Withdrawal: A cessation of attendance to a class or classes without written notification to the Registrar. The student forfeits any refund of personal funds which might be due.
- Books as Institutional Charges: Books which are charged against federal Title IV funds are considered part of institutional charges. Books purchased without such records, whether from the college bookstore or other sources, such as the online book stores, are excluded from institutional costs. Federal Title IV student aid funds will be returned according to the Return of Title IV Aid Funds Policy established by the Higher Education Amendments of 1998.
***PLEASE NOTE: THE COLLEGE REFUND POLICY AND THE FEDERAL RETURN OF TITLE IV FUNDS POLICY ARE INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER. THE RETURN OF TITLE IV FUNDS MAY RESULT IN COLLEGE COSTS NOT PAID AND DUE FROM THE STUDENT. TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR GRADE REPORTS WILL NOT BE ISSUED TO STUDENTS FOR WHOM COLLEGE COSTS ARE NOT PAID.***