|Contact Financial Aid||Useful Financial Aid Links|
|Toll-Free: 888.634.9350 ext. 4695||Academic Progress Policy||FAQs||Scholarships|
|Fax: 785.460.4691||Academic Catalog||Federal Work-Study||Title IV Refund|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Current Tuition||Net Price Calculator||Veterans|
|Veterans: 785.460.5497||e-Cashier Payments||Refund Policy||2016-17 Documents|
Federal Work-StudyFederal work-study funds are derived from Federal contributions and college funds. They are limited and many more students have eligibility than can be paid a reasonable amount or placed in work positions. Students must have financial need as measured by the FAFSA and Federal Methodology. Procedures for award and employment are as follows:
- Students who have eligibility, and indicate interest on the FAFSA, will have work-study included on the Award Letter. The Award Letter is accompanied by a notice that the award is a notice of eligibility, not the promise of a job. Federal work-study is awarded in amounts that would allow approximately ten hours per week of employment. It is the policy of the Financial Aid Office that to extend beyond fifteen hours could impede a student in his or her educational endeavors. In a few cases, students can be successful with more than fifteen hours, but the assignment will not be extended beyond an average of twenty hours except for summer employment. Both full-time and part-time students are offered Federal work-study.
- The student copy of the Award Letter constitutes verification of eligibility to prospective supervisor/ employers.
- Initial placement each year is accomplished by an application and interview process. We attempt to fill all positions in the fall semester (view a list of work study positions). Employment is available from time to time as the year progresses. Placement after the first two weeks of the Fall Semester is accomplished by individual interviews with the supervisor and Financial Aid Office. Employment is not confirmed and payment cannot be made until all documents are completed and in place. The following is the detail of the procedure.
- Students supply a W-4 form, an I-9 form, copies of Social Security Card and Driver's License or other acceptable documents, and bank account information for direct deposit of wages. These ORIGINAL COPIES are filed with the Payroll Office. Download 2015-16 Paperwork.
- Copies of the employment verification form are sent to the Financial Aid Office.
- The work study will clock in and out using the eSELFSERVE.com time clock.
- Time cards are completed daily, signed and turned into the Payroll Office weekly by the supervisor.
- At the conclusion of each month, the total number of hours worked is multiplied by appropriate wage, proper deductions for income taxes are made, and the balance electronically transmitted to the student's bank account. The student receives a statement of the transaction by logging into eSELFSEFVE.com. The normal payday for work-study employees is the 8th of each month.
- Students and supervisors are reminded continuously that the student must NOT work during times of scheduled classes or labs. It is not acceptable for a student to be on the time clock at any time they are scheduled to be in class. There are no exceptions.