Adult Basic Education
You must call or come by to pre-enroll. After attending orientation, you are placed into the proper class based on assessment scores.
Classes are held Monday through Thursday with individualized lab times on Friday. You can sign up for the 9:00am-12:00pm, 1:00-4:00pm or the 6:00-10:00pm classes. Classes will include daily instruction, along with worksheets, practice tests, reading materials, group discussions and even some games.
Blended Class Option
Students may take advantage of blended classes which involve both on-site and online participation. You must qualify for this option, so make sure to ask when enrolling.
Eligibility for Adult Education
- Adults over the age of 16 who do not have a high school diploma
- Individuals holding a high school credential who qualify through initial assessments
If you are 16 or 17, you must complete the following:
- **Minors are encouraged to complete high school if at all possible.**
- Obtain a compulsory school attendance disclaimer from the high school in the public school district in which you live.
- Complete an "underage conference" prior to enrollment. This can be scheduled with the Adult Education office; a parent or guardian must attend and sign off on documentation.
Cost for Adult Education Classes
Colby Community College Adult Education classes are funded by federal and state grants and local support and are provided without charge. Books, calculators, materials and computers are made available for student use by the program.