What is the Student Learning Assessment Committee?
Statement on Assessment for Colby Community College
Syllabus Statement - This is the standard statement about assessment for all courses.
Colby Community College assesses student learning at several levels: general education, program, and classroom. The goal of these assessment activities is to improve student learning. As a student in this course, you will participate in various assessment activities. An example of your work, a paper, some test questions, a presentation, or other work may be selected for assessment. This process will not affect your grade, will not require you do additional work and your evaluation will be confidentially handled. Results of these activities will be used to improve teaching and learning at Colby Community College.
Kansas Core Outcomes Statements - If a course has completed the Kansas Core Outcomes Project, that course syllabus should contain the following statement:
General Education Student Outcomes:
- Deliver effective oral presentations.
- Utilize grammatically correct and logically written English.
- Exhibit a higher level of critical thinking processes.
- Solve quantitative problems utilizing a variety of techniques and methods.
- Utilize technology relevant to disciplines of study.
- Evaluate their own intercultural sensitivity and global awareness.
To download a word document of the Syllabus and Catalog Statements click here.
Flowchart of CCC Assessment Program: