Strategic Plan, Mission, Vision, Philosophy and Purposes
The Colby Community College Strategic Plan provides the college’s road map for enhancing student success. The plan was developed collaboratively among college staff, faculty and community stakeholders who were involved in an extensive external environmental scanning process.
The Strategic Plan opens with the vision and mission statements. These define who we are and what we
believe. Students are the most important people associated with the institution. The planning centered on three themes: Student-Centered Services, Growth and Development, and Community.
Colby Community College is dedicated to the belief that each individual in Northwest Kansas should have the opportunity to develop and extend skills and knowledge for the attainment of personal objectives.
Implicit in this belief is the idea that education is a lifelong process. The college encourages the people who live in this area to participate fully in its program of educational services. The college strives to meet the needs of its students regardless of age, sex, creed, race, aspiration or educational level.
Students attending Colby Community College are the most important people associated with the institution. All students deserve the opportunity to succeed regardless of their specific goals or aspirations. It is the intention of the college to encourage individual success. The individuality of students is respected and their potential is fostered through programs that include excellent classroom instruction, multiple opportunities for leadership, and an organized plan for counseling and advisement. Attending Colby Community College is designed to be a very personal experience for students. Education at Colby Community College is interesting, challenging and enjoyable.
In order to adequately address its institutional mission, Colby Community College has adopted seven purposes. They are intended to be dynamic and flexible to meet both student and community needs.
The Purposes are as follows:
- Offer two-year college transfer programs leading to an associate degree for students who wish to obtain a baccalaureate degree after transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Offer both Associate in Applied Science degrees and certificate programs in vocational and technical education for students who wish to gain competence in specific skill areas or to upgrade skills.
- Offer a developmental education program to serve all students who need improved academic skills, including adult basic education and preparation for the tests of General Educational Development.
- Offer continuing education courses and community service activities and assist economic development by providing customized on-site training.
- Offer students a full range of support services.
- Offer facilities and human resources in support of educational, civic and cultural endeavors.
- Offer state-of-the-art technology systems to enhance the quality of life.