Colby Community College is located in the northwest corner of Kansas, approximately 50 miles from the Colorado and Nebraska borders. The area is part of the High Plains, sweeping upward to the Rocky Mountains 250 miles to the west.
Colby Community College offers a variety of one and two-year degree and transfer programs. From its humble beginning in 1964, which consisted of makeshift classrooms in downtown buildings, the college has blossomed into a dynamic institution of more than 1,900 students. In addition to an 80-acre main campus, CCC operates a 60-acre farm for students to use as a hands-on laboratory and training facility. A pioneer in outreach education, CCC accommodates hundreds of off-campus students by offering classes at 24 locations in the 14-county service area.
Colby Community College is a member of the prestigious Jayhawk Conference. NJCAA Division I varsity sports include basketball, wrestling, volleyball, track, cross country, softball, baseball and rodeo. In addition, students at CCC enjoy a variety of activities, intramural sports and several clubs and organizations. The college also offers a fitness center and indoor swimming pool for student and public use.
With renovated dorms, current technology in the classrooms, and competitive tuition, it’s a great time to be a Trojan.
CCC has a strong history of student performance and consistently ranks among the best in graduation and retention rates for Kansas two-year public colleges.
Recent highlights include:
- Ranked 11th out of 565 community colleges nationwide in the Best Community Colleges of 2016 study by financial advisor SmartAsset.
- One of only five institutions in the country to offer a veterinary technology program both on-campus and online.
- A national top ten performer (two-year sector) in graduation rates as recognized by the Chronicle of Higher Education (August 2015).
- Named by the Aspen Institute among the top 150 community colleges in the nation (Fall 2015).
- Ranked no. 36 out of 821 of the best community colleges in the nation by Wallethub (Fall 2016).
- CCC’s technical program graduates reported higher incomes ($36,159) than graduates from all other two-year public institutions in Kansas (K-TIP report, Kansas Board of Regents).
- Seven CCC athletic teams earned national recognition for grade point averages of at least 3.0, including women’s cross country who posted the highest national GPA for their sport (3.74) in NJCAA Division I.
Colby Community College offers a myriad of choices when it comes to selecting a program of study. There are over 60 academic and vocational programs to choose from in many of today’s high-demand career fields. Academic programs focus on fulfilling general education requirements to prepare students for successful transfer to a four-year institution or entry into the job market. Vocational programs feature two years of intensive training preparing students for employment immediately upon graduation.
A variety of options are possible to finance your education. Over 90 percent of CCC students receive some form of financial assistance. Over one-third of CCC students receive scholarships. Pell grants, college work-study, student loans, and many other forms of financial assistance are given according to financial need to further reduce the already low cost of attending CCC.
Colby Community College is a member of the prestigious, nationally-known Jayhawk Conference. Varsity sports include basketball, wrestling, volleyball, track, cross country, softball, baseball and rodeo. In addition, CCC has an enthusiastic cheerleading squad. Students at CCC enjoy a variety of activities including intramural sports and several clubs and organizations. The college also offers a fitness center and indoor swimming pool for student and public use.
Student Right to Know
Detailed information and data (regarding graduation and retention rates, student ethnicity and gender statistics, financial aid recipients, and more) as well as a link to the most current IPEDS report is available through College Navigator, a service provided by National Center for Education Statistics.
1255 S. Range Ave, Colby, KS 67701
Main Number: 785.462.3984. Toll Free: 888.634.9350.
Arrange a campus visit by calling the Admissions Office toll free at the number above.