OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS
Colby Community College is seeking comments from the public about the college in preparation for its periodic evaluation by its regional accrediting agency. The college will host a visit October 3-5, 2016, with a team representing the Higher Learning Commission. Colby Community College has been accredited by HLC since 1972. The team will review the institution's ongoing ability to meet HLC's Criteria for Accreditation.
The Public is invited to submit comments that address substantive matters related to the quality of the institution or its academic programs. Comments may be submitted in writing to the following address:
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
The public may also submit comments on HLC's website at www.hlcommission.org/comment.
All comments must be received by September 3, 2016.
Colby Community College is coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission . While still fully accredited, effective June 25, 2015, the HLC changed the status to accredited on probation. The next site visit will be October 3-5, 2016.
Transfer institutions continue to accept CCC credit hours as they have in the past. Questions regarding accreditation and course transfer may be directed to the Commission at email@example.com or 800.621.7440.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle Street Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
In addition, many of the specialty programs at CCC are accredited by professional associations in their respective disciplines.
- The PTA program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Nursing has approval with the Kansas State Board of Nursing. National accreditation comes from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The program is fully accredited with warning status by ACEN. In April 2016 the program received notice of "good cause," demonstrating significant and substantial progress. The next site visit will be in the spring of 2017.
- The Veterinary Technology program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- The EMT program is licensed by the State Board of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- The program in Dental Hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.