Colby Community College is coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission . While still fully accredited, effective June 25, 2015, the HLC changed the status to accredited on probation. The next comprehensive site visit will be November, 2016.
Transfer institutions continue to accept CCC credit hours as they have in the past. Questions regarding accreditation and course transfer may be directed to the Commission at email@example.com or 800.621.7440.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle Street Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
In addition, many of the specialty programs at CCC are accredited by professional associations in their respective disciplines.
- The PTA program is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation on Physical Therapy Education.
- Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (currently on warning status with review in October, 2015) and the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- The Veterinary Technology program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- The EMT program is licensed by the State Board of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- The program in dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
|NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENTS FOR ACEN SITE VISIT|
The Colby Community College Nursing Program will host a site review for continuing accreditation of its associate degree nursing program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
You are invited to meet the site visit team and share your comments about the program on Thursday, October 15, at 3 p.m. in the Robert Burnett Student Union.
Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All written comments should be received by the ACEN by October 10.