Colby Community College is coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission . While still fully accredited, effective June 25, 2015, the HLC changed the status to accredited on probation. The next comprehensive site visit will be October 3-5, 2016.
Transfer institutions continue to accept CCC credit hours as they have in the past. Questions regarding accreditation and course transfer may be directed to the Commission at email@example.com or 800.621.7440.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle Street Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
In addition, many of the specialty programs at CCC are accredited by professional associations in their respective disciplines.
- The PTA program is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation on Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Nursing is accredited with warning for good cause by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- The Veterinary Technology program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- The EMT program is licensed by the State Board of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- The program in dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.